The J-45 is Gibson’s best-selling acoustic of all time. Nicknamed “The Workhorse” and first introduced in 1942, this iconic acoustic became the cornerstone of his line of round-shouldered dreadnoughts, . Internationally renowned for its full, balanced expression, warm bass and excellent projection, the J-45 has been refined to take this heritage to new heights. This 2019 model delivers sound with incredible dynamic range, warm mids and tight, punchy bass.
– Series: Gibson 2019
– Style : J-45
– Back : Rosewood
– Top: Sitka spruce
– Crossbar: traditional hand-scalloped X
– Net: Multi-ply top, single-ply back
– Handle: Mahogany
– Handle profile: Slim Taper
– Handle width: 1.725 in.
– Handle joint: dovetail compound handle with body
– The fretboard: Rosewood
– Tuning fork length: 24.75 in.
– Number of frets: 20
– Saddle: Black
– Inlay: Mother-of-pearl dots
– Net: none
– Bridge : Richlite, traditional Belly Up
– Keys : Grover Rotomatic with Kidney buttons
– Plating: Nickel
– Pick-up: LR Baggs VTC
– Controls: 1 volume and 1 tone
– Finish: Vintage Sunburst
– Case: Gibson hard case