The Wolfgang WG Standard QM has the same style and massive sound that Eddie Van Halen created – at a price that the everyday musician can afford.
Offering many of the same flamboyant features as its more expensive brothers, this guitar features a basswood body with a special ‘comfort fit’ forearm contour for maximum playability, as well as a beautiful natural hidden body binding and an elegant birdseye maple top. Its torrefied maple neck bolted to graphite reinforcement rods withstands the ravages of temperature and humidity, while a well-placed spoked wheel at the base of the neck allows quick, painless adjustments to the reinforcement rods. Designed for playing comfort and speed, the Wolfgang WG Standard also features a smooth oiled finish on the back of the neck and a 12″-16″ compound radius torrefied maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
The two EVH Wolfgang humbucker pickups mounted directly on the body increase vibration transfer, providing sustain for days. Two domed control knobs have been added to meet Van Halen’s requirements: the soft-touch 500 kHz pots make it easy to find a unique sound while retaining the high-end sparkle of Wolfgang pickups. The EVH Floyd Rose Special bridge and R2 locking saddle keep the instrument in perfect tune even on the deepest dives.
Tested on stage, where it counts, the Wolfgang WG Standard QM is designed for performance and playing comfort. It is available in a range of new finishes that are sure to impress on stage, with black heads and black chrome parts.
– Scale length 25.5
– Basswood body with special “comfort fit” forearm contour and quilted maple top
– Concealed natural body connection
– Graphite-reinforced bolt-on handle in torrefied maple
– The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s specifications with an oiled finish on the back.
– 12″-16″ compound roasted maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays
– Spoked wheel for adjusting the heel-mounted reinforcing rod
– Two EVH Wolfgang humbucker direct-mount microphones
– Three-way toggle switch, single volume and tone control
– Special Floyd Rose EVH bridge and R2 locking saddle
– Available in molten black, exploded chlorine, northern lights, Tahitian night or transparent amber with black head and black chrome hardware
SERIES: Wolfgang® Standard
BODY MATERIAL: Basswood
HANDLE: Torrefied maple
HANDLE FINISH: Oiled
TOUCH: Torrefied maple, compound radius 12″ to 16″ (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
FRESH: 22, Jumbo
SILLET (Material/Width) : Floyd Rose® R2 lock, 1.625″ (41.3 mm)
MECHANICALS: Brand EVH
RANGE LENGTH: 25.5″ (648 mm)
BRIDGE: Special double-locking Floyd Rose® Tremolo from EVH
Bridge : Wolfgang® humbucker direct mounting
HANDLE: Direct Wolfgang® humbucker mounting
PICKUP SELECTOR: 3-position toggle : Position 1. Bridge pickup, position 2. Deck and stick pick-ups, position 3. Sleeve pick-up
CONTROLS: Volume, Tone
Hardware finish: Black chrome
STRINGS: EVH® nickel-plated steel (gauges 0.009 to 0.042)
Optional Case: Rigid p/n: 009-0916-000 Gig Bag p/n: 022-1512-006